Cyprus is one of a handful of countries that have actively sought to attract remote workers to their shores: a welcoming tax and immigration system and a growing number of coworking and coliving spaces ensure a lively ex-pat scene on this Mediterranean island.
In the middle of Eastern and Western European culture, Cyprus has a rich history and unique Mediterranean cuisine that is renowned as one of the world’s healthiest.
Here are some fun facts about Cyprus:
- The island is divided into two republics: the Turkish-speaking North and Greek-speaking South
- The capital Nicosia remains divided by “The Green Line” and is the only capital in the world that is divided between two nations
- Cyprus is often called the Jewel of the Mediterranean
- The island boasts beautiful beaches as well as mountains
- The many local festivals, like the Larnaca Flower Festival, are a great way to explore the local culture
- Wine was first produced commercially on the island, and the world’s oldest well can be found here as well
- The island has 320 days of sunshine a year
- Cyprus was a gift from the Roman Emperor to Cleopatra
- According to Greek myths, the goddess of love, Aphrodite, was born in Cyprus, where she also returned to take baths at Akamas.
- Cyprus is also the birthplace of halloumi cheese!
- The entire town of Paphos is a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Lace from Lefkara is listed as an intangible cultural heritage by UNESCO, and Leonardo da Vinci is rumored to have visited the town to buy lace
- The Tombs of the Kings is a 4th-century BC burial site that is a must-see for all visitors
- Larnaca salt lake is an exceptional wetland area where thousands of migratory birds congregate every year, including pink flamingos
With its stunning vistas, welcoming locals, and delicious food, it’s easy to see why many remote workers are making Cyprus their home from home. Coliving is thriving here and will only grow in popularity in this enticing country.
Finding affordable housing in Cyprus can be tough, especially in cities with high rent prices. One solution that many people turn to is communal living with shared spaces and roommates. This can be a cost-effective way to have a private room while still being able to afford rent in a desirable location. There are a few different options for finding a shared living arrangement in Cyprus. One option is to look for a private room for rent in a coliving home. This can be a good option for people who want some privacy, but still want to be part of a community. Another option is to look for a shared room, where you'll be sharing a bedroom with one or more roommates. This can be more affordable, as you'll only be responsible for paying for your own bed. The downside is that you'll have less privacy, as you'll be sharing a bedroom with others. You can find both accommodation options on Coliving.com. We can help you find a compatible roommate based on your preferences and lifestyle. Some hosts do background checks and eviction history checks to ensure that the roommates you're living with are trustworthy individuals. When looking for a shared living arrangement, it's important to do your due diligence and make sure that you're comfortable with the living arrangement and the people you'll be living with.
Coliving is a new trend amongst millennials for renting shared apartments. Whether you're moving to Cyprus for work or just looking for a new apartment, coliving in Cyprus is a good way to save money and live with like-minded people. Co-living places people from different backgrounds together and encourages them to interact, collaborate and form new friendships. When compared to dorms, coliving is much more attractive, since it's relatively inexpensive, all-inclusive and allows you to rent a furnished room with an individual lease.
Looking for an affordable and social housing option in Cyprus? Consider coliving, a trend in shared apartment rentals that brings together individuals from diverse backgrounds to live, work, and form new friendships. Coliving in Cyprus is a cost-effective alternative to dorms, offering furnished rooms with individual leases and all-inclusive pricing.
The simple and safe way to discover and book your next coliving home. - Learn more
We background-check each host before they list with us.
If you spot the same room cheaper elsewhere, we'll match that price.
No booking fees
Never pay a booking fee. More money for living instead.
We securely collect your rent, and pay the host 24 hours after you move in.
Cancel your stay at any time before moving in.
If the space is not as described, inform us for a refund or another option.
Trusted by workers from some of the most respected companies in the world